Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Howard vs Obama


It's great to be in the middle of this one. Finally I get to be an American living in Australia who is asked about an American politician, and not in a sarcastic tone.

I am asked, "Johnny Howard really ----ed up, huh? What do you think of Obama?"
I respond,
"If you watch Comedy Central, you know as much as I do."
- or -
"$20 if you can tell me if Obama is his first name or last name."
- or -
"$20 if you can tell me what Obama's Christian name is. (trick question?!)"
- or -
"If Obama's middle name had an alliance to a recent-living or recently-made-not-so-living dictator, which would it be?"
- or -
"What was Obama's stance on off-duty police officers carrying a gun?"

That last one gets them all the time. On a serious note, I think most Australians regret that their PM aligned himself with one party. Tony Blair would have shot himself in the foot if he had positioned himself so closely to Clinton back in the 90s... or if he had aimed a gun aimed at his foot.

The positive thing about this whole episode is now Americans know who John Howard is. Don't worry, they'll forget.

No comments: