Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Friday, February 23, 2007

A Case of the Actually's

Summer colds have their way of digging into an office and spreading quickly from one person to the next. There was a recent outbreak of Actually in my office and I'm still fighting it. I think I know who brought it in, with "actually" breaking out several times in single sentences spoken by a coworker for the past few weeks. I'm sure my coworker thought that the virus could be beat and carried on, but it has spread: today I heard "actually" spoken over a hundred times, and almost never meant to express wonder, surprise, or incredulity.

Actually I heard the actual word spoken quite often actually.

Dammit!

None of us are safe.

Yes, I just got over a case of the Basically's and am not looking forward to dealing with the Actually's. If you work in an office and catch a language bug, please stay home until you are well.

No comments: