Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Villa in Cortona

Dana's mum rented a villa just outside Cortona so that some loved ones could join her to celebrate her 19th birthday. I was one of those loved ones, and this is my story.

When I found out how many people had been invited to stay at the old farmhouse, I was sure that Dana and I would get a cot, at best. At worst, some patches of hay under a couple of dairy cows. How pleasantly surprised were we when we had our own bedroom, complete with a private bath! And a bidet! Neither Dana nor I had the pleasure of using the plumbing wonder, but Tom did when he neglected to check for an adequate supply of toilet paper while using our station late one night.

The villa was perfect for a large group: adequate parking, plenty of rooms, a pool, laundry and easy access to the historic cities of Tuscany and Umbria. While the food in those historic cities was great, one of the best meals we had was served in-house. Arlene and Ann hired a chef to come to the house to cook dinner for the actual birthday celebration. The night was great, and the only person who had to drive home was the chef!

Check it out.

(Yes, there was one scorpion on a wall one night.)

No comments: