Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Take it ALL Off

I've always struggled with the heat, so I decided to cut my hair extremely short to help keep my head cool. Plus, I figured, I'd save hundred on shampoo, hair paste and barber shop visits!

I was considered shaving my head a few months ago, back in Sydney, but it was right around the time I was planning to propose to Dana. Dana wasn't too keen on the idea at the time, and I decided to keep my hair in order to increase the chances of an affirmative response. I got one.

The Sydney shave fest was at my place of employment at the time... it was a fund-raiser for leukemia research called The World's Greatest Shave. It's a good cause, so instead of shaving, I had an entire can of hair coloring dumped on my head, which made breathing fun. Many of my coworkers had their heads shaved, and it changed the entire look of the office. People seemed to glide around much faster, and the southerly wind was much stronger until hairs grew back on heads.

I was a bit worried about what my head would look like after the covering had been removed. A friend of mine found out that he had a conehead. Once bald, he was an excellent diver - no splash at all! - and he did a wicked headspin. They called him The Drill. Sadly, the shape of my head does not have such a unique shape.

Tom shaving my head.

No comments: