Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Friday, August 03, 2007

Back in the States

After being gone for so long, the land I once knew so well looks so different to me. I don't think New York or New Jersey have changed as much as my perspective has. I was a little more prepared than when I came home for a visit last July. This time I really took note of the smaller things, like the sticker on a banana suggesting the consumer pour Reese's Peanut Butter Sauce on it, as well as the bigger things, such as the giant humanoid tree in the supermarket ready to devour any child who wanders into the produce section. (I threw the tree some bananas soaked in peanut butter sauce and ran away while he was distracted.) Sticking with the big and small theme: even with parking lots with spaces that seem better suited for a trucker rest stop, some people still can't fit their cars in them! On the other hand, Dana parked the Volvo within the lines of a single space, but still left enough room for a couple of Harleys.

I'm not sure when this sense of wonder will wear off, but in the meantime I'll keep my camera handy.

No comments: