Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Friday, March 09, 2007

Livin' It Up

For the third time on this blog, I'll mention that Dana's back in the States for a couple of weeks. This means I have one of those rare opportunities to do everything I like to do but Dana doesn't. Listen to the music she doesn't like, eat the food she doesn't and watch a movie she wouldn't. Last weekend I was scuba diving so I left tonight to be a Denis night. The problem is that there are not too many things we differ on! I managed to scrape together three things for one night, but after this I'm out of ideas. I'm very happy that she'll be back on Tuesday.

  • Movies: Tough one. Dana saw The Queen without me but I couldn't find it at the video store. I had World Trade Center in my hands but lost my nerve. Then it came to me.
  • Food: Tougher still. There's not much either of us don't like. And whatever I don't like Dana doesn't, and vice versa. You wouldn't catch either of us eating licorice flaked with coconut. I ordered sushi from our local, Akaneya across the street. They know us and automatically started to double everything. Thankfully I asked him to repeat the order. Again, I did find one Denis dish.
  • Music: Toughest. Flaming Lips? Ramblin' Jack? Daft Punk? Even Tom Waits? Check, check, check, yep: check. But... after some thought I found something.

So what has my evening been like? I ate eel while watching a Japanese horror film. Now I'm listening to polka.

Tuesday.

No comments: