Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Sunday, March 25, 2007

Digital Neighbours

Yesterday I was walking back to my apartment and passed my neighbour, Gordon, having breakfast with his girlfriend at a local coffee shop, Mecca. I stopped to say g'day, as you do here in Oz, and he asked me is I was still on my own. I paused for a second because I had not seen Gordon since Australia Day, but then I realised that he reads my blog. So Gordon knows that I was on my Pat Malone. Gordon is my neighbour in my apartment building as well in the blogosphere. In 2007 it is more common to bump into each other online than it is in person. Is that a bad thing? I think not. We comment on each other's blogs, which is the modern-day equivalent of chatting over the fence while mowing the lawn or having a BBQ. And I must point out that we met at a real BBQ, not during a match of World of Warcraft.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey there digital neighbour, I hope that you and Dana have a good Easter!