Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Friday, March 16, 2007

Jimmy Bats in Sydney - The Great Walk

I thought I might elaborate on Jim's introduction to Sydney. It would be useful to others coming to Sydney and looking for a good way to fill their day.

Jim is here for work, and I used to work with him in the New York office before I moved to Sydney. I had a rather late night on Saturday, but I was still chipper when I woke up after four hours sleep to show Jim around. I did a rather good job as tour guide, I must say, and managed to keep Jim awake until it was appropriate for him to fall asleep. I did walk him into the ground though:

  1. Met at his hotel, the Amora on Jamison in the CBD
  2. Walked to Circular Quay
  3. Continued around to the Opera House
  4. Through the Botanic Gardens to look at the trees, birds, spiders and bats
  5. Past St Mary's Cathedral
  6. Into Hyde Park for a break - Jim was lucky enough to hear a kookaburra here
  7. Back into CBD for a walk down Pitt Street to check out the Monorail
  8. Turned down to George and through the Queen Victoria Building
  9. Down King Street for a break in our apartment
  10. Over the Pyrmont Bridge for a view of Darling Harbour, King Street Wharf, Cockle Bay, Maritime Museum, Wildlife Park, and Aquarium
  11. Into Harbourside for a look at some didgeridoos and other Aboriginal Art, as well as kangaroo pelts, kargaroo claw back-scratchers and kangaroo scrotum change purses & bottle openers
  12. Around to Tumbalong Park to get a view of Sydney's interesting water sculptures and Northern Territory Information Centre
  13. Back through Cockle Bay to dwarbi's roof
  14. Deep into the Rocks for Little Creatures and pizza at The Australian Heritage Hotel

I had no camera last weekend since Dana borrowed it for her return to the United States of America, so I've included a photo of shoes that makes it look like you're a bear to make this post more visually appealing. I hope you enjoy it.

Actually, here's a map that corresponds to the walk above:

No comments: