Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Friday, March 02, 2007

Dwarbi's Roof on Google Maps!

It appears I was wrong about the Sydney Google plane flyover fiasco. As a refresher: prior to our Australia Day party, I set up shop on the roof, along with another resident of my building, so that the Google plane scheduled to fly low over Sydney for detailed photos on their maps site would catch dwarbi's roof. Early reports indicated that the Google plane captured a very small percentage of the original area, and nowhere near my roof. I was disappointed. But they Sydney Morning Herald recently announced that the photos taken by the Google plane on Australia Day are now on their web site... and no mention of the fact that the plane caught less than 10% of the area it was supposed to! I was wrong - check out the photo of Château dwarbi there on the left.

No comments: