Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Thursday, March 01, 2007

Everybody Loves the Dentist

Today was my first visit in nearly two and one half cycles of the Earth around the Sun or the Sun around the Earth, depending on where you stand on this Galileo scandal. I admitted the date of my last visit, as if I were speaking to priest at Confession. Instead of Hail Marys I was given the usual "You should visit the dentist every 6 months" speech, but a bit lighter than usual. Two and one half years ago was my first visit in nearly four years. That dento (I assume that's what they call them in Australia) really laid it on thick. My teeth turned out fine then as they did today.

Today the good doctor took some x-rays because it had been a while and also because I felt like a hit of x-rays. He put them up and said, "Wow." He really said that. He continued to tell me to keep doing whatever I do but floss more and not to bother coming every six months. Once a year would do for teeth like mine. I like this guy.

To top it off, on the way out, thanks to some funky dento-dance my insurance provider does, I actually made money. What they covered was more than the charge, so the dentist gave me the four dollar difference. This could have something to do with the state of the dental facilities. It appeared that they had not renovated in some time, and they had a bowl of candy next to the complimentary soda-pop stand. The guy after me was there to get a haircut and a shave.

No comments: