Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Against the Grain

This past Sunday I met James Malkowski aka Jim Malkowski aka Jimmy Bats in the city after he arrived from New York. Jim is town to assist us with some jobs, you know what I mean. So I was showing Jimmy around town when we happen by Hyde Park. We wander in for a Guinness and realise they're set up for some function. No bother, we head back towards CBD but are overcome with a swarm of humans heading into the park. It turns out that St Patrick's Day in Sydney was a week early this year. Sydney has a past of reinventing holidays: Mardis Gras (which means Fat Tuesday and is meant to be held on the eve of Ash Wednesday) takes place on some convenient weekend in March. I read that Sydney has plans to move Christmas up a week this year so that it does not conflict with boat show to be held on the last weekend of December.

No comments: