Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Thursday, September 20, 2007

CORRECTION

In my previous post, I wrongly called the dish that Dave & Sabrina brought to the BBQ "dirty rice". It was, in fact, arroz con gandules. Evidently, someone called it dirty rice, and Dave said, "It's not dirty rice." This happened a few dozen times, but I must have heard him say, "It is dirty rice," each time.

A recipe for this tasty meal can be found here: http://www.hechoenpuertorico.org/comida/gandules.html

Dave recommends making your own achiote oil and adding chicken or pork rather than chorizo. I still think he made it with leftovers from the week before.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nope, nope... all fresh kids... and add chix or pork or both to the chorizo (or in my cheap-ass case, pepperoni) - you can never have too much meat in rice! i prefer mine slathered in more beans as well... some nice habichuelas rosadas... yum...