Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Friday, September 14, 2007

BBQ at Dave, Sabrina & Sean's

Dana and I met up with Ben & Beth in Brooklyn to catch the LIRR to Valley Stream for Dave & Sabrina's legendary BBQ. On approach, I remembered that this was close to where I saw Batman in 1989: Green Acres. Eighteen years ago, when I was just twelve, the Tim Burton film was released. My oldest brother, Chris, was home from Notre Dame at the time and sleeping in the spare bed across from my bed. Every morning, for weeks, he woke up and spun towards me to say, "I'm Batman." He doesn't remember this, of course, but the status of this summer memory is, for me, just above playing manhunt with the neighbors and hiding in a car with Erika. That's a different story, and not a very interesting one, either. I did say that my brother saying "I'm Batman" was above being stuck in a car with an adolescent female, didn't I? Yeah, we were found very quickly.

Wow, I got sidetracked there. So the BBQ was great. Dave & Sabrina put together an incredible spread of food, and everyone else brought an incredible spread of beer. Dave & Sabrina also had quite a bit of sampling from a new brewery available. Really, you could not look in any direction without seeing a beer or a food you had not tried before. Dave & Sabrina's BBQ scores the highest mark available on whatever measurement system you can use. Ten out of 10; 5 out of five.

Check out the photos from Dave & Sabrina & Sean's BBQ

No comments: