Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Saturday, January 27, 2007

New Year's Eve - 2006/2007


I've got one more New Zealand post left but I have to get this New Year's Eve one out before the end of January. We landed in Sydney the evening of the 31st and were home long enough to shower and shave before heading out. We got some sleep on the plane but adrenaline helped much more. Luna Park offered amazing music (Carl Cox) and a great view of arguably the best New Year's Eve fireworks in the world. The beverage selection was less than impressive. Todd and I both went to bed with shaky stomachs and woke up not feeling too hot even though we had only had a handful of VBs all night. Terrible beer. (This Todd is not the Bungy jumper from the previous post, it's BA Todd.) Dana and I took advantage of some of the great rides at Luna Park. The Wild Mouse was the best, but the Coney Island section with its classic - and dangerous - attractions was also worthwhile. Todd and I went to head to head in a potato sack race. I won. Candice beat Dana though. The music kept us going until about 3 and the trip home wasn't that bad. I was also impressed by the orderly trash. Kudos Sydney! On ordinary days I've seen workers scrubbing garbage bins and mopping sidewalks, but a neat New Year's Eve takes the cake!
Enjoy the photos here. Oh and a short video clip from the farewell to 2006, a pretty good year for me I'd say:

No comments: