Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Thursday, July 20, 2006

The Longest Day

At midnight last night I got in the shower thinking, "I feel pretty gross but I just took a shower this morning at 7... oh wait, that was 31 hours ago... and I did watch the sun set twice today."

I also had the pleasant experience of sitting in front of one of those people who cannot control the volume of their voice. This woman said, "Very nice to meet you, sorry you had to travel so far because someone died," and "Excuse me, can I have a seat belt extension?" in the same tone of voice, and at an ear-piercing volume. She did sleep for about 4 hours, but after that she was getting up regularly, clawing at Dana's forehead each time and nearly snapping the seats headrest - and Dana's head - clean off.

All in all, the day was not so bad. True, my individual entertainment unit did not work, so I had nothing to watch or listen to during the 15 hour flight, but at least the Qantas staff pretended that they didn't already know it was broken and feigned attempts to fix it. And yes, we did have a bit of a drive home from the airport, but it was only 20 kilometers and took a mere 4 and a half hours.

I will end this with a sincere sentence: it was worth it to see the people I traveled to see. And to enjoy that really good beer I had at last.

No comments: