Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Bumps

As mentioned, we had a nice gathering this past weekend - photos here - during which a good time was had by all and I lost my belt. I didn't lose it, actually, but it was torn off of me, and not by the usual crowd of crazed females, but by my friend Ben. I was told - by another Ben-friend - that Birthday Bumps are a tradition in his homeland. Having a weakness for tradition and melancholy friends, as well as being a ham, I let the revelers attempt to toss me in the air 29 times. There really was not much tossing to occur, however. I'm not a light fellow, and I think I was successfully raised to about waist level 9 times. And then my belt broke. When available acceptable appendages, such as arms and legs, were no longer available to hoist me by, my belt was grabbed. Thanks for not grabbing my ears, Ben. I'm thinking about writing a letter to the manufacturer, though. You'd think that $19.99 could get you a decent reversible belt able to support 185 pounds.

No comments: