Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Friday, July 21, 2006

First Impressions of Home

After being gone for over a year and a half I was looking forward to seeing New York through the eyes of a newborn. Well, by that I mean that my eyes would be like that of a newborn - new to my previous home that is. As I left the plane in LA, emerging into the light, I did feel like screaming like a newborn as every person at the airport either blew me off with indifference or shouted incoherent commands at me. Maybe this revolting experience was like being born.

After claiming my luggage and going through security again, I was wrapped in the warm blanket of a 747. This could be seen as the calming few hours after birth when the baby sleeps alongside a bunch of other babies and watches a few episodes of 24 on his laptop.

But then I land in New York and gasp for air upon leaving JFK. Holy Moses! Everything is so big! Look at those big cars! And those big people! It's all very confusing to me as I'm put in the back of my parents' car and driven home for my first night at home.

No comments: