Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Sunday, June 10, 2007

Work Farewell

Thursday the 31st of May was my last day at work. I don't have anything lined up in the States, but I am going to find something new and see where it takes me. The analogy I use is surfing. Seven years ago I started as a graphic designer and rode that wave until now, learning new skills, taking on new roles and going with the flow, but taking advantage of the wave. This trip is like going back to the beach for a bit before heading back out to catch another wave.

My work mates organised a fantastic farewell. We had a section of Settlement Bar, below the Westpac building, and it was a proper send off. Of course I made it back to work to finish up a few things and give out my last good byes, and then we went back out the Belgian Beer Cafe. We were placing bets on when Mark would get kicked out, but he showed us all and eventually left of his own free will!

Experience it here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Strangely enough, the guy below you on the counter of fame used to work with me @ QBE...strange but true!