Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Yesterday Was One Week From My Second To Last Day At Work

We're in serious wind-down mode, which is odd because we're pretty wound-up! Yesterday was just one week from my second to last day at work. This coming Monday our boxes will be picked up to be shipped back to the US. The following Friday we move out of our apartment and close out our bank accounts. Saturday is our farewell party, and at 7AM on Monday, the 4th of June, we depart Sydney.

I've stopped mentioning the trip itself on this blog, but it's nearly all booked. There was a bit of a snafu with the Peugeot we are leasing in France, but that should be sorted now. There's still some planning left to do for Belgium, but we're staying with friends the first few nights, so we should be able to get that sorted last minute if necessary.

I think the only real problem we've had lately is that our Internet service went down two days ago. This was the night I was going to get all of the driving routes lined up and tie up any loose ends... what timing! So I decided to start cleaning the apartment. I'll start with the oven. I've never cleaned an oven before, so I'll google it - damn it! OK, I'll start hard drive back-ups. Hmmm, the DVD is stuck in my laptop. I'll google how to get it - damn it! I really am completely cut off from the world when I can't get online It's sad, I guess... but I'm banking on lot's of wireless hotspots across Europe.

No comments: