Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

Saturday, 31 March 2007

What a day! Dana and I woke up nice and early to have dinner with the growing Kouteris family. Food at the Barn in Balmain was great, and it's always great to see Chris and Cass, but the highlight was meeting Chloe Kouteris for the first time. Just three weeks old, she really kept it together during breakfast. I was especially impressed when she politely pointed out to the waitress that we had been seated for fifteen minutes yet no one had offered to bring us coffees. And as a capper, she picked up the tab.

Next Dana and I walked from CBD to Fox Studios. It was a brisk hour walk through Kings Cross and Surry Hills, but we had the energy from the Barn's eggs (compliments of Chloe). The markets were on, and we picked up a lovely jam, but ten pin bowling was what we really had in mind. We met up with Glenn, Fiona, B-Rad, Jodie and Cory at Strike. Strike is a trippy bowling joint that plays Christina Aguilera and Tom Jones at high volume while four kid's parties (average age: 8) fight over the bumper lanes. This could explain the tiny ziplock bag I found in the toilet that probably contained a sedative before it was deposited into the loo. Neither Dana nor I had been bowling in many years. Dana really sucked during the first game. Then she handily beat me in the second. Once she found her footing it was all over for me. B-Rad beat both of us in both games. At the lane next to us, Jodie, Fiona, Cory and Glenn bowled left-handed. I think each of them still beat the three of us.

Earth Hour saw the day to its completion. After another brisk walk back to the CBD, Dana and I cabbed it to Alexandria to Stiffy's place. He has an excellent view of the Sydney skyline, and so a perfect place for an Earth Hour BBQ. I'll assume you know what Earth Hour is/was. OK, no I won't. Sydney decided to shut off all some of its lights for an hour. It was meant to raise awareness about energy consumption. Stephan will have more on this in his upcoming guest post. Anyway, the BBQ was great. A good mix of lamb, beef and roo - can't go wrong! Add in some hat-swapping and glasses-swapping... we're talking about a rootin' tootin' good time.

No comments: