Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Sunday, September 10, 2006

A Few New Brews

Tonight, after weeks of procrastination, I ordered the ingredients for three more batches of homebrew. In my first year of homebrewing I brewed nearly twenty batches, but the thought of brewing on an electric range, which is what I have in my newer apartment, scares me. But I'm taking a chance and I hope to be boiling up some wort next weekend.

Gummybrain Wheat
This is an American wheat inspired by this wonderful beer. Lots of Amarillo flavour and aroma hops will dominate this poppy puppy.

The Captain IIPA
My first stab at a double IPA, I'll be using Cascade and Amarillo hops. My mate, Glenn, is making a similar brew, The Skipper IIPA, with the same ingredients but replacing the Cascade and Amarillo with Northern Brewer and Fuggles. I'm looking forward to comparing our ridiculously bitter and hoppy strong beers.

King Doorman
An Imperial Stout - very dark and powerful - dominated by Chinook and, you guessed it, Amarillo hops is a combination of British and American versions of a solid stout.

Brewing in Sydney, Australia, is a wonderful thing. The water is superb, we can now get great hops, and the buildings are built to keep everything cool... so we don't have to make saisons all year long.

No comments: