Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Easter Chocolate

That's Sydney in her first (of three) Easter outfits. Isn't she a cute little Easter egg of a baby human? Yes, and she's really testing the gross-out limits of her daddy.

On the Saturday before Easter, Sydney was much fussier than usual. I held her little legs in place while Dana took her temperature - Sydney thanked me with a full cloud of butt-breath to the face after Dana removed the thermometer. No fever, but something was up. Thankfully, she was in much better spirits come Sunday morning.

About ten minutes before dinner at Tracy & Alan's, Sydney was acting up again. Diaper change needed. Location: Tracy & Alan's couch (Their kids, Brendan & Brianna are way past diaper age.)

Dana: "Do you want me to take care of the diaper change?"
Me: "Nah, I'll take care of it."

Sure enough, Lil Sydster had a good load in her pants. No problem. I started the standard procedure, and with a new diaper in place, the unloading began again. Seriously, this was like a volcanic tube of shitty toothpaste. We had wipes nearby, and I was catching the load with fresh wipe after wipe as it was unleashed, creating a pile of nasty naps in my left hand until it became overwhelming. It was like the scene in I Love Lucy when Lucy and Ethel get the job at the chocolate factory. No, I did not resort to that, but my left hand was full, and I did resort to holding out an open right palm to the onslaught. All the while, Sydney smiled and cooed.

After boiling my hands for several days, I am back to normal. Of course I'm joking - I have had my hands replaced with bionic hands. No, actually, I was susprisingly still-stomached throughout this adventure. I suppose this is because this is my little Baby Being, and I would do whatever necessary for her without flinching. Ask me again in 16 years.

No comments: