Mobile Meteor

Be sure to check out my new site: Mobile Meteor!

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Sydney's First Great Book

I understand that it's important to read to your child, so tonight I've begun reading a great work to Sydney. I know it will take me a while to complete this particular book, but we have begun... "Wordsworth Classics presents, War and Peace, by Leo Tolstoy - Complete and Unabridged."

We decided to skip the Introduction, General Introduction, Bibliography, and and Notes on the Translation and go straight to the Names of the Principal Characters, then on to the Dates of Principal Events and, finally, Chapter 1 of Volume 1.

Sydney seemed interested in the story at first - spitting out her pacifier in (I guess) surprise at the way Anna spoke to Prince Vasili, and falling asleep when the drama peaked at the end of the first chapter.

No comments: